In the current era of accountability, educators are increasingly called upon to make classroom-level data available, usable and relevant to inform and improve instructional practices. Student information systems (SIS) and learning management systems (LMS) are often viewed as the tools to provide the identified data elements and to generate the reports and analysis. Closing the Gap: Turning SIS/LMS Data into Action produces resources that provide education agencies with a vision of how to best review, procure and deploy SIS and LMS solutions to maximize their positive impact on instructional planning and practice.
Closing the Gap: Turning SIS/LMS Data into Action resources will be published to the educational community through the Closing the Gap: Turning Data into Action Website. These foundational resources will include key findings and next step recommendations.
- Report on Education Community Attitudes Toward SIS/LMS Solutions
- Report on SIS/LMS Selection and Implementation Approaches
- Report on SIS/LMS Vendor Product Features
- SIS/LMS Solutions
- Selection and Implementation Templates
- Closing the Gap Professional Development Toolkit
- Gartner Case Study: Commitment to a Long-Term Investment in Data Proves Successful for Virginia's Fairfax County Public Schools
- Gartner Case Study: Transform Curriculum by Standardizing Processes in Ft. Bend, TX
- Gartner Case Study: Katy, TX, Independent School District's SIS Implementation Includes Planning for Data Analysis for Instruction
- Gartner Case Study: A Common Vision For Lifelong Learning And Collaboration Drives Classroom Data Use In Henry County, GA
- Gartner Case Study: SIS As The Foundation For Data-Driven Educational Activities At Richmond Public Schools
- Gartner Case Study: Gartner Case Study: PLCs And Close Vendor Relationship Fuels Turnaround For California School District